Rise Up is a new collection of songs taken from Banner Theatre’s productions: Fighting the Cuts (2010 to 2012) and In A Right State (2013 to 2015).
The songs deliver a punchy soundscape of reggae, rap, folk and blues to lay bare the real story behind the economic crisis, and support the campaign to defend our welfare state.
- Yes Men (Written by Dave Rogers)
- Too Big To Fail (Written by Dave Rogers)
- Bankers’ Blues (Written by Dave Rogers)
- Entrepreneur (Written by Dave Rogers)
- War (Written by Dave Rogers and Vince Pryce)
- Lesley’s Song (Written by Laura Owen-Wright)
- No Hope Avenue (Written by Dave Rogers)
- Tax Dodger (Written by Dave Rogers)
- Rise up (Written by Fred Wisdom)
Writing and Research
All music by Banner Theatre: Dave Rogers, Fred Wisdom, Vince Pryce and Laura Owen-Wright. Concertina on Yes Men by Pam Bishop.
Additional programming and arrangements by Carl Walters.
Recording and Production
Produced, engineered and mastered by Dean Whiskens and Carl Walters.
Sleeve Design by Noise.
Banner Theatre would like to thank Dave Butler, Richard Williams, Matthew Tonks, Stuart Brown, Don Bouzek, Joyce Canaan, Estelle Fisher, Kevin Hayes, Jacqueline Contré, and Banner’s Management Committee.